Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Don't wait

I feel like I have been punched in the stomach.

Pretty much everyone knows that I am not a chronological scrapbooker any longer. I let go of it awhile ago and have never looked back. However, I don't want to "screw up" the important stuff so I sometimes hold on to photos and mementos waiting for the perfect inspiration. Without going into detail, tonight I am telling you, don't wait. It may be too late. I have lost what was one of the single most important memory boxes in our family and I can never get it back. I was saving these items for just the right time and now I will never have it.
I am sad.
I am crying.
I want to hit someone.
I will probably never get over it.
But I will learn from it.
I will be able to sit down and write our history in the pages of my scrapbooks even when it is hard and I am not sure I am ready. Maybe I will have pages covered in tears or ones that don't have a perfect design to them, but they will enter my books rather than waiting inside a box for "perfection" of emotion and inspiration that can never be achieved. Thanks for letting me vent.

xo, Jen

1 comment:

Deb said...

Oh Jen, I am so sorry, and I am sending you big ((((((HUGS)))))). My heart just aches for you.