Thursday, July 3, 2008

Feel Like A Kid

Ken and I are always being accused of being big kids. Well, not me as much, but I don't want him to feel bad, LOL! So I admit it, as I am sitting here going through message boards and blogs this morning, I am eating a Frosted Brown Sugar Cinnamon Pop Tart and drinking Diet Pepsi. Ken doesn't even make fun of me because he loves them too. I think it reminds me of my childhood. We always had tons of choices for cereals in the cabinet above the stove in my house, but not always Pop Tarts. I think Mom only got those when she had a coupon AND they were on sale. We were more likely to get the store brand at Grandma's house so I knew these babies had to be special. So now I buy them for myself (not so good for Jackson's blood sugars, who knew these babies have a whoppin' 37 g of carbs per piece?) and I enjoy them as a big kid. It makes me feel young and happy. I challenge you today to find something from your childhood and buy it, do it, whatever! Embrace your inner child!

1 comment:

emelyn said...

ooh, that sounds YUM!! I love eating bad, but then I look at my tummy and thighs...haha!! I wish I can eat like a kid and still have a kid's metabolism!

Enjoy your Pop Tart!!