Tuesday, February 16, 2010

A full and Random Post

First I want to congratulate my sweet friend on being chosen to join the new Design team at Two Chicks Designs!!! We are both Chick-a-Dee's!!! How fun is that???? And I get to hand-deliver some yummy goodies to her this weekend. I can't wait to see what she does with them!! The best thing is that it means we both get to create with new fun, products and that we have to post them here. YAY!!!!

Remember that frame? - yes, the one with the darling little girls playing make-up ;) Well, here she is now!!! I love it, love it, love it!!! I have been searching the Goodwill for a big, fancy frame for soooo long to make this and finally hit the jackpot last month. It is the perfect inspiration board for my rather eclectic craft room. {Ignore the boring paint color. That too is in the works.} But for now I will sit back and enjoy all the did-it-myself-shabby-chic goodness!!!
And when I wasn't painting, distressing, or stapling chicken wire on the frame last week, I was making stuff! Sweet pink and red Valentine's stuff!
First up, these great chocolate boxes gleaned from a tutorial at Jana Eubank's blog. I used a smaller sized box, but still loved the results with a bit smaller price tag. I think I made 8 total for all the teachers, assistants, nurses, and neighbors we love. This is the one I created for my brother and SIL on their first Valentine's Day as a married couple.

Next, is this fun little muffin tin project. Back in December, I saw this in the form of a 12 days of Christmas countdown. However, I didn't want to wait that long so I used up some scraps from my February Two Chicks Designs kit to make a gift for my mom and dad. We put a few candies in some of the spots along with handwritten love notes from each of us to my parents. I can't wait to make another one to leave hanging at our house. Maybe little pots of gold for St. Patty's Day?
I have sooooo many ideas that I want to try right now. My inspiration book is overflowing!!! I will post my other layouts and projects from the February Kit a little later this week.

No comments: