Tuesday, February 23, 2010

What is a Chick-A-Dee?

Growing up I had 2 great-Aunts on my Dad's side of the family. Since my Dad's parents were both gone before I could know them as grandparents - we called Dad's two aunts - Nini and Nome. Nome, like me, was the younger of 2 sisters - and we had a special bond. She was TOTALLY into birds and her favourite was the Chickadee ...


She had loads of birdfeeders and always stocked them with their favourite seeds - especially black oil sunflower seeds. I can clearly remember the familiar chick-a-dee-dee-dee call from these tiny birds. Nome thought Chick-A-Dees were so wonderful that when she saw this children's magazine - she got me a subscription ... I loved this magazine!!!


Yesterday when I was at Target (I know shocking that I was at Target) ... I found these ... how fun is that?!


So now that I have been chosen to join Jennifer on the Two Chicks Design Team I am a Chick-A-Dee. I think it is so awesome and it makes me fondly think of my Nome - who would be 106 if she were still with us. I think she would be happy that my love of scrapbooking has brought me to a place where I can BE a Chick-a-dee. With that said - I am off to create with the fabulous kit that Christie sent me this week!!

xo Amy

1 comment:

Cheryl Arkison said...

I had a subscription to Chick-A Dee too. And, now when I hear them in the bushes across the street I am going to think of you Ames.