Sunday, February 28, 2010

The last day of February - really?!

Hard to believe that we are spending the last few hours of February already. I guess with the last few weeks filled with Olympic triumphs and tragedies the hours have been flown by.

As Jennifer said in the previous post, this weekend was supposed to be filled with laughs, fun and a lot of creative time together. Sadly I was doing all this stuff on my own as we made the responsible choice for her to remain in KS. It seems unfair that the weather forecasts could have been SO WRONG - but we had to go with what we were told. Thankfully Jason made it home (on beautifully sunny roads) so that I could go to my crop this weekend. He left late today (still in beautiful sunny weather) because of the Canada - USA Gold medal hockey game. Sadly an agent wanted to show our house at 4:30 and we all had to miss the end of the game and Sydney's golden goal.

Back to my crop ... I had a great time with all the girls there. It was a LOT bigger than the last one, with at least 30 people there on Friday night and about 20 all day Saturday. Leisha made us fabulous food again and there were snacks and drinks being shared freely the entire time. I took my February and March Two Chicks kits with me along with all my cute Chick'n Stuff containers. The weekend was filled with some good chats, lots of laughs and great food. I was also able to come away with the following projects and still have some that are not quite finished. I loved working with these kits, and the Chick'n Stuff is so darn cute that it is hard to stop looking at it long enough to play with it and get it on a page!!

This is a canvas I made using papers from the February kit and fun stuff from my Chick'n feathers, Chick'n noodles and Chick'n feed ... I had three pink clothespins, but wanted an orange one, so I grabbed my trusted orange Sharpie and coloured it!
Next a group of OLD pictures of Rachel at VBS in 2006. I love these pictures and I think they are fun on this page. Again papers from the February kit and Chick'n Stuff.
A few more old pictures of Rachel making Jell-O in Fort Morgan in 2006. Not sure if you can tell from the picture - but those chipboard alphas are sparkly and so pretty! The best part is that it is sealed sparkly so there are not sparkles all over the place!
Finally a page with pictures from last October. I used a ton of buttons from my Chick'n feed to make that arrow - I love how they mimic the circles on the Pink Paislee papers!
I am off to continue creating ... trust me when I say go check out the Two Chicks website! The Chick'n stuff comes in tons of colours and those fun containers are packed to the max with loads of fun things to play with!!! Also the March kit is up and it is full of the prettiest papers and embellishments!

And I will just say this once I promise - Go Canada Go - you rocked the podium in Vancouver. 14 Gold, 7 silver and 5 bronze - proud Canadian here!! And a must shout out to the USA for finishing at the top of the medal count with 37 medals - they have never been at the top of the medal count at the Winter Games!

xo Amy

No comments: